For your unprotracted News update, Views and Analysis, Lifestyle and Entertainment across the globe.
Wednesday, February 11, 2015
GEJ's achievements in Oyo State
Since taking office, President Goodluck Jonathan has followed through on the ambitious plans laid out in his Transformation Agenda, delivering significant achievements across all states of the nation.
Below are some of his many achievements in Oyo State:
- Ended four decades of corruption in the fertilizer sector. Implemented the e – wallet system for the distribution of agricultural inputs to farmers.
- Implemented Dry Season farming projects.
- Remodeling of the federal airport in Ibadan is nearing completion.
- Installation of Thunderstorm and Lightning Detector, Automatic Weather Observation & Displays System (AWODS), Automatic Weather Observation & Displays System (AWODS), World Geodetic Survey WGS-84 is ongoing.
- Established web-based flood Early Warning Systems in Ibadan.
- Established a scrap metal recycling plant at Igboile to improve waste management in the state.
- Open Heart Surgeries at University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan has commenced since October 2013 due to effort put in place by the Jonathan administration.
- The telemedicine programme at UCH, introduced under the African Union Initiative, has enabled telemedicine and medical e-learning programme in the state through linkage with other hospitals in Africa.
- Established a geriatric centre at UCH.
- Established the Integrated Cardiac Centre at UCH.
- Established the SURE-P Project on Primary Health Care.
- Completed rehabilitation of the Western railway corridor (Ibadan axis).
- Constructed the Inland Container Depot in Ibadan, which has increased economic activity.
- Established raw water supply from Ikere Gorge Dam to Iseyin town.
- Urban Sector Reform Water projects.
- Ogee Spillway at Oyan dam.
- Water quality surveillance safe storage & household treatment.
- Hydrometric Monitoring Station, Iseyin.
- Hydrometric Monitoring Station, Sepeteri.
- Middle Ogun irrigation project.
- Reconstruction and expansion of Lagos-Ibadan expressway is in progress and will reduce hardships endured by commuters when completed, easing the flow of traffic.
- Completed the dualization of the Ibadan – Ilorin road section I (Ibadan, Oyo).
- Construction/rehabilitation of Gbogan – Iwo Road.
- 2 x 60MVA, 132/33KV substation at Igangan and 132KV switching station at Igboora.
- New Abeokuta – Igboora – Lanlate 132KV double Circuit Transmission Line and 132KV Tee – off at Igboora – Igangan.
- Ganmo – Ogbomosho 132 KV Double – Circuit transmission line and 2 x 60MVA,132KV Substation at Ogbomosho.
- 2 x 30/40MVA, 132/ 33KV Substation at Lanlate.
- Launched YouWIN grants, which have been awarded to youths in the state.